Welcome to the England & Wales Cricket Board Limited (ECB) Play-Cricket website. This website is part of the Play-Cricket community network of sites, consisting of the main Play-Cricket site (“Play-Cricket Site”) administered by the England & Wales Cricket Board and a number of “sub-sites” administered by English County Cricket Boards, Clubs and others (“Sub-Sites”) (together “the Play-Cricket Sites”). Any reference to the Play-Cricket Sites shall also be deemed to be a reference to the Play-Cricket Site and each Sub-Site individually.
Use of play-cricket.com
In consideration of the ECB granting you access to the pages of the Play-Cricket Sites, you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions of use:
- You must not use the Play-Cricket Sites to display or transmit any defamatory, libellous, racist, abusive, unlawful, offensive, sexually orientated, threatening, intimidating, false, misleading or obscene material or post any content which you do not have the right to use, or transmit to the Play-Cricket Sites any material containing software viruses or files designed to damage or disrupt the good working order of any computer or telecommunications equipment.
- You agree that you are wholly responsible for everything that you transmit to the Play-Cricket Sites including but not limited to the quality or accuracy of the information. In the event that data displayed is inaccurate you may contact in order to communicate the inaccuracies. All inaccuracies will be corrected within a reasonable period of time from such notification.
- You must not use any area of the Play-Cricket Sites including bulletin boards, cricket exchange, message boards or discussion forums for any commercial purpose unless approved in advance by the ECB.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity whilst using the Play-Cricket Sites.
- You must not attempt to interfere with the services we provide, or try to gain unauthorised access to other community sites, computers or networks connected to or via the Play-Cricket Sites. In addition, unless you are an authorised administrator, you will not add or remove any links to or from the Play-Cricket Sites without the prior written consent of the ECB
- You agree not to use the Play-Cricket Sites:
– to create a database (electronic or otherwise) that includes material downloaded or otherwise obtained from the Play-Cricket Sites except where expressly permitted on the Play-Cricket Sites;
– to transmit or re-circulate any material obtained from the Play-Cricket Sites to any third party except where expressly permitted by the Play-Cricket Sites;
– to use the Play-Cricket Sites in such a way that might infringe third party rights or that might bring the ECB, any County Cricket Board, Cricket Club and/or the game of cricket into disrepute.
- If you wish to become a member, you confirm that you are at least 18 years of age. If aged under 18 you confirm that you are accessing the Play-Cricket Sites with full parental/guardian consent. Please also get your parent/ guardian’s permission before providing personal information to the Play-Cricket Site.
Right to Remove and Restrict Access
- The ECB, or its agents or authorised administrators, will be entitled at its discretion to remove anything which is transmitted to, from or via the Play-Cricket Sites or posted on the Play-Cricket Sites which in their opinion, does not fulfil these requirements.
- The ECB and/or the authorised administrator shall have the right to refuse to allow you access to any part of the Play-Cricket Sites at any time and for any reason without giving you any advance notice.
- You hereby grant the ECB a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, assignable, non-exclusive right to copy, re-publish and distribute any materials, data or other information that you submit to the Play-Cricket Sites.
- As a user of the Play-Cricket Sites you will have access to the Play-Cricket Sites Forum. You acknowledge that the Forum is not moderated and the ECB is not responsible for any messages or other material posted in the Forum. In accessing the Forum you agree that you will not post any defamatory, libellous, racist, abusive, unlawful, offensive, sexually orientated, threatening, intimidating, false, misleading or obscene material or post any content which you do not have the right to use (for whatever reason).
- If you reasonably consider that any defamatory, libellous, racist, abusive, unlawful, offensive, sexually orientated, threatening, intimidating, false, misleading or obscene material has been posted by any user or any user has posted material that that user does not have the rights to use, please notify the administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org who will remove such posting(s) as soon as reasonably practical.
- 13. If you wish to post a photographs on the Play-Cricket Sites, you will obtain the consent of each of the subjects of such photograph. The ECB has published the “Safe Hands Welfare of Young Persons” in cricket policy which includes guidelines for the taking and use of the images of young people. If you wish to use an image of anyone under the age of 18, you must obtain the consent of that person’s parent, guardian or carer and, if the person is over 12, the consent of the individual concerned. In addition, you must not include any personal information about any person (including but not limited to address, date of birth and contact details) under the age of 18.
- You hereby agree to fully indemnify and keep indemnified the ECB against all liabilities, claims, actions, proceedings, loss, damage, costs or expenses suffered or incurred by the ECB arising out of any breach or non-performance of all or any of your covenants, representations, obligations, undertakings or agreements.
Site availability & Information on the Site
- We cannot guarantee that you will have uninterrupted access to the Play-Cricket Sites at all times due to certain technical matters which may be beyond our control.
- The information on the Play-Cricket Sites has been included in good faith for general informational purposes only. It should not be relied upon for any specific purpose and no representation or warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness save where the information provided forms the basis of a specific contract with you.
- Any links provided on the site are for your convenience. We do not endorse or take responsibility for the content of those web sites, are not responsible for the availability of the web sites and will not be liable in any way for any loss or damage which you may suffer by using those web sites. If you decide to access linked web sites you do so at your own risk and we encourage you to read the privacy statements applicable to each specific site.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability
- To the fullest extent permitted by law all warranties (express or implied) in respect of the Play-Cricket Sites and the content of and your use of the same are excluded. Except in the case of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or any wilful act, to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude all liability to you in respect of your use of the Play-Cricket Sites. The conditions of sale will apply to products and services purchased and ordered via the Play-Cricket Sites. These will be drawn to your attention where applicable.
- The Play-Cricket Sites may contain material (including, but not limited to, advertisements and postings in the Forum) posted by third parties. Individual users and advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising and other material which they submit to the ECB and/or the authorised administrator and for ensuring that such content complies with all relevant legislation. The ECB accepts no responsibility for the content of material submitted by third parties, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
- Whilst effort has been taken to ensure that the Play-Cricket Sites are free from viruses, no warranties are given that they are free from viruses and users are responsible for ensuring that they have installed adequate virus checking software. Neither the ECB nor the authorised administrator shall be liable for any viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, restrict, destroy, limit the functionality of or compromise the integrity of the Play-Cricket Sites or any hardware on which they are hosted.
- If you wish to become an administrator of a Sub-Site (including a Main Sub-Site Administrator or Sub-Site Administrator as defined below), you agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below under the heading “Becoming an administrator of any of the Play-Cricket Sites”.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted all variations if you continue to use the Play-Cricket Sites after a variation has been posted.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts. This site is operated by the England & Wales Cricket Board Limited (ECB) (registered number 3251364) whose registered address is Lord’s Cricket Ground, London NW8 8QZ.
Copyright & Trade Marks
The Play-Crickets Sites, their design, text, graphics, illustrations and images are (unless otherwise stated) copyright of the ECB, its Licensors or the relevant contributor. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, adapt or otherwise use any copyright material in any way except for your own personal non-commercial use.
All brand, product and service names used in the Play-Cricket Sites are (unless otherwise stated) the trade marks, trade names or service marks of the ECB or the parties to whom they refer. You may not distribute products or offer services under or by reference to or otherwise use or reproduce any such trade marks, trade names or service marks without the prior written permission of the ECB or the owner of such trade marks, trade names or service marks.
If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions please do not access and/or use the site.